SEO for personal injury lawyers refers to the on-page, technical, off-page, and local SEO tactics put in place to improve the organic ranking and visibility of the website of a personal injury lawyer or law firm.
Like any other business, without quality traffic and leads, personal injury law firms may struggle to get clients and improve their bottom line.
Ask yourself, whenever anyone suffers a workplace accident or an injury, where do they go to find an attorney – the internet.
In this piece, I have put together ten foolproof SEO tactics for personal injury lawyers or law firms to increase their visibility, website traffic, lead generation, and revenue.
The SEO strategies for personal injury lawyers I share in this piece are all well-tested and proven. I have used these tips to scale numerous personal injury law practices in Canada and the United States.
Reading the strategies is one part, but implementing the tactics discussed here is what will give you the most value. Should you have any questions about any portion of this piece, please feel free to drop them in the comment below, and I will be happy to answer them.
SEO for Personal Injury Lawyers
1. Work on your Local SEO
Local SEO is a search engine optimization strategy that helps improve the visibility of a business in local search results on Google. Any business with a physical location and address can benefit from local SEO.
A well-optimized local SEO could significantly drive high-quality leads for a personal injury law practice. Think about it, anyone looking for your service will most likely search for keywords like “personal injury lawyers near me” or “personal injury lawyer in [your state or city].”
- Create and complete a free business profile on Bing Places for Business
- Create a free account and complete your profile on Local Search Engines like Yelp and Yellow Pages.
- Create free accounts on relevant professional local business directories
2. Create Engaging Content for your Website
Content marketing for personal injury law firms involves creating and sharing content that stimulates the interest of your prospective buyer in your attorney services.
Content marketing is a component of a good SEO strategy for personal injury lawyers and a way to get in front of your potential audience.
3. Carry out a Comprehensive Keyword Research
The keyword is the life of any search engine optimization strategy. Keyword research is finding relevant keywords or search queries potential customers search for in Google or other search engines to find your services.
Keyword research is not just to rank for any query or keyword but to find and rank for transactional keywords – keywords that indicate a searcher’s intent to buy something or take action on a website soon.
For example, a potential client may search for “personal injury lawyers near me” or “personal injury lawyers in New Jersey” on Google. Finding and ranking top in search engine results pages for keywords like these is an excellent way to boost the website organic traffic, leads, and revenue of your injury lawyer practice.
4. Build External Backlinks
Backlinks play a critical role in boosting the organic traffic of a website. Backlinks are incoming hyperlinks from one website domain to another domain.
Backlinks are foundational to SEO for personal injury lawyers and a top search ranking factor. Good backlinks are essential to page rank and come from other trusted and reputable websites.
When building backlinks, the focus should be on the quality of backlinks, not the quantity.
Google’s John Muller says the total number of backlinks a website has doesn’t matter to the search algorithm. One good link from a relevant website can be more impactful than millions of low-quality links.
So, what makes a sound or quality backlinks? A good backlink has three components, namely;
- Location: Getting backlinks from websites within the exact target location is valuable. E.g. It is helpful for a website targeting the United States to get backlinks from other websites targeting the Unites States as against, say, Angola.
- Niche/Vertical: Getting backlinks from other sites within your niche is more valuable. For example, it is more practical for an online sports betting site to get backlinks from BBC sports websites than from a marketing agency website.
- Anchor Text: Anchor text is the visible text of a hyperlink. Ideally, it is good practice to get backlinks from another page with the primary keyword of the destination page as anchor text.
5. Build Internal Links to Core Pages
Internal links are incoming hyperlinks from one page (referring page) to another (destination page) on the same domain or website.
When doing SEO for personal injury lawyers, internal links do three things:
- Crawling and indexing – Internal links are one of the ways Google finds new pages on your website. When a new page on your website gets an internal link from a page that’s already ranking, Google crawlers will follow the link from the existing page to the new page, thereby making it easy and fast for Google to find, crawl, index, and rank new pages on your website.
- Improve page authority – Internal links also help improve your core pages’ page authority. The more internal links a page has from other pages on the site, the better the page authority would be. The page authority is a way to access how easy it is for a courier to rank in Google for its primary search query.
- Relationships between pages – Internal links also help Google to find relationships between pages or how a page is related to another.
Build internal links to your core services pages as you optimize your law firm website.
6. Optimize your Website Speed
Since 2018, Google has made website speed a significant ranking factor. This means that the faster a website loads, the better the site would rank in Google.
Aside from being a ranking factor, website speed also significantly impacts the user experience of a website. For example, people generally expect a web page to load within a few seconds (often between 2 – 3 seconds).
Anything longer than that may increase bounce rate – the rate at which people leave a website without acting. To optimize the speed of your website, you should do the following:
- Use light images, preferably less than 100 KB
- Leverage browser and server caching
- Host your website on a speedy web hosting company
- Only use next-gen image file formats like web image format, not PNG or JPG
- Use a content delivery network (CDN) to serve your website quickly
The above are simple steps you can take to improve the speed of your website. To check the speed of your website, use the page speed insight tool by Google.
7. Make your Website Responsive
Since 2013, Google has made mobile design a significant ranking factor. This makes sense as most website users will access your law firm’s website through mobile phones.
The old way of handling mobile designs in search results was to create mobile versions of your main website. However, with responsive website design technology, you can create a single web page that displays or renders well across multiple devices and screens.
A responsive website design aims to make web pages render well on various devices and window or screen sizes from minimum to maximum display size to ensure usability and satisfaction.
If your business website was built with WordPress, Webflow, or other CMS applications, you should carefully consider the theme of choice for your website design to be sure they are responsive.
8. Perform a Content GAP Analysis
Content Gap Analysis is evaluating or analyzing existing content on your website to find “gaps” or new optimization ideas.
Content GAP analysis is instrumental in SEO for personal injury lawyers because it can help you find new quality factors, sections, or elements you can add to your content to improve its rank on search engine results pages.
To do a Content GAP analysis for your website, go to Google and find the top five pages ranking for the keywords you want to rank for, write down all the things they have on their page but are not present on your web page, then incorporate those gaps on your website.
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search engine optimization is improving your online visibility in organic search results to increase the quantity and quality of your website traffic. This digital marketing strategy aims to generate revenue and growth for your company through increased online visibility.
As you go further, you will understand SEO for personal injury lawyers, how it works, and why personal injury lawyers need SEO for their firms.
Importance of SEO for Personal Injury Lawyers
The primary aim of any business, whether a marketing agency or law firm, is to increase revenue through a consistent inflow of new leads into the business.
SEO for personal injury lawyers is essential in several ways. From helping to boost visibility to traffic, leads, and revenue, the impact of search engine optimization for law firms cannot be overemphasized.
Below are some of the importance of SEO for personal injury lawyers.
1. It builds your injury law firm online
Having a website is one thing; building an online presence is another. Without digital marketing solutions, it is nearly impossible for any business to make a meaningful company online.
Among several digital marketing services like PPC, Social Media, and all, search engine optimization is the most viable option.
SEO for personal injury lawyers optimizes a firm’s content to be recognized better by Search Engines, thereby helping your pages and content show up higher on search pages.
2. It drives quality organic traffic to your site
Search engine optimization is the primary driver of organic traffic to any website. Other organic traffic sources are social media, referring traffic, and email marketing.
With SEO, you can supercharge the quantity and quality of organic traffic to your law firm’s website monthly. Because of its affordability and excellent efficiency in generating leads, SEO for personal injury lawyers can help your firm get a consistent stream of quality traffic monthly.
3. Generate a consistent stream of leads
SEO for personal injury lawyers can help generate a consistent stream of leads for your business. With tens of thousands of monthly organic searches for terms like “personal injury lawyers,” “car accident lawyers,” and many more, a good SEO for personal injury lawyers can help generate a consistent stream of leads to your business monthly.
Targeting and ranking number #1 in Google for high volume, low competition transactional keywords is what every personal injury lawyer should aim for.
All I’m Saying Is…
With the rapid growth in digital marketing, it is only suitable for you to advertise your firm online to get your desired clients. SEO for personal injury lawyers is a credible way to advertise your law firm online. If you need an SEO expert to help with your website, feel free to reach out to The SEO Hive Digital Solutions.